EC PRO - ODBC Data Source Administrator (Data Sources) not showing database (Data Source)
Posted by Joel Brickell, Last modified by Joel Brickell on 14 July 2015 04:40 PM
ODBC Data Source Administrator (Data Sources) not showing database (Data Source)
Issue: After using the ODBC Data Source Administrator to create an ODBC connection, the System Data Source does not appear in the ODBC Data Source Administrator System DSN tab. This is because there is an incorrect Windows Registry entry that is preventing the database names from being displayed.
Solution: Edit the registry as follows:
1. Click Start/Run. The Run window will open.
2. Type regedit into the Open: text box and click the OK button. The Registry Editor window will open.
3. In the left-hand pane, browse to locate the: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources folder.
4. Left-click on the ODBC Data Sources folder to display its contents in the right-hand pane of the Registry Editor. There is a registry key called (Default). Left-click on the Default key to highlight it. Then press the Delete key on your keyboard. The Confirm Value Delete window will open.
5. Click Yes to delete the key. It will immediately be recreated with the value (value not set).
6. Exit the Registry Editor. The "missing" data sources will now appear in the ODBC Data Source Administrator System DNS tab.
Edited by Kurt Kroeker and Joel Brickell 02/10/2009