EC Express: Adding A Cost Center
Posted by Matthew Heinz on 06 June 2012 10:57 AM
Adding a Cost Center
To add a new Cost Center:
- Select Accounts from the Main Menu.. The Accounts navigation Tree View will appear on the left, and the associated PowerView will appear on the right. The new Cost Center can be placed either under the 'root' Accounts node or under an already-existing 'parent' Cost Center.
- Click to highlight the branch of the Tree View under which the Cost Center is to be created.
- Click the Add button ("+") beneath the Tree View. The Cost Center/Account Wizard will appear.
- Click the desired item to add (in this case, "Add Cost Center". Then click Continue. (If the Continue button is not visible, expand your browser window until it becomes visible.)
- In the Name field, enter the display name for the Cost Center. Then press the Tab key.
- In the Code field, a code based on the name will be automatically assigned. Change it if you like.
- After both fields have been populated, click Finish to save the new Cost Center and close the Wizard. Or click Cancel to exit without saving the new Cost Center.