EC Pro: Upgrading from Pro 2004/2005/2006 to Pro 2009 SP1
Posted by Joel Brickell, Last modified by Joel Brickell on 14 July 2015 05:06 PM
Upgrading from Pro 2004/2005/2006 to Pro 2009 SP1:
Before you install Pro 2009 SP1, you will need to a back-up of your database and then uninstall the older version of Pro and the SQL engine, (MSDE/SQL Server 2000).
1. Back-up your database to C:\ecapbck.
2. Uninstall the older version of Pro (2004/2005/2006) and the local data engine (MSDE/SQL Server 2000). If you have Pro 2008, you can just upgrade over top of Pro 2008.
3. After uninstalling those two (2) programs, you will need to delete/remove the following folders;
A. EnergyCAP folder "C:\Program Files\EnergyCAP or EnergyCAP Professional"
B. Microsoft SQL Server "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server" (all folders)
C. MSSQL Folder "C:\MSSQL"
4. Download EnergyCAP Professional 2009 SP1 and SAVE it to your computers Desktop so it will be easy to locate to run the installation. Also download the install instructions file
5. Install Pro 2009 SP1 and follow the prompts. Please note that you will need to make sure that you put a check mark when it prompts what components you wish to install, EnergyCAP Professional and Local Data Engine.
If you have any questions or problems with any part of this article, please contact EnergyCAP, Inc. Support by entering a problem ticket, (Click Here) or call 877.327.3702 and follow the prompts.
Created by: Joel Brickell 02/16/2010 For EnergyCAP Professional versions 2004/2005/2006