EnergyCAP Version 7.2.5 is now available for self-hosted installation. This latest release includes many new features and enhancements including EnergyCAP Version 7 chargebacks as well as other features demoed at EnergyCAP's recent Catalyst Conference.
In addition to making our software easier to use, we've also been working to make the installation process for EnergyCAP Version 7 straightforward for your IT staff. We have created a single release package (zip file) that contains the required database upgrade scripts, the latest files to upgrade EnergyCAP Version 3, and the installation files for EnergyCAP Version 7. We've also simplified the EnergyCAP Version 7 installation process by providing:
- A streamlined installation guide for installing/configuring EnergyCAP Version 7
- A health check tool that can be run on your web server to verify that EnergyCAP has been installed/configured properly and that the required network connections are available
- A troubleshooting guide to help resolve common installation issues
- A new report update process that does not require ongoing IT assistance
If you have already installed a prior release of EnergyCAP Version 7 in your environment, you will need to complete the following upgrade steps for Version 7.2.5:
- Upgrade your EnergyCAP database to the latest version (DB91)
- Ensure the compatibility level of your EnergyCAP database is set to SQL Server 2016 or higher
- Upgrade your EnergyCAP Version 3 installation to the latest version (provided in the installation package)
- Install latest .NET Core package on Version 7 web server (provided in the installation package)
- Upgrade the Version 7 installation to the included version (refer to the provided upgrade instructions in the installation package)
Self-hosted customers may request a copy of the latest EnergyCAP Version 7 installation package by submitting a Support Ticket (http://support.energycap.com). The current self-hosted EnergyCAP version is 7.2.5 which includes all of the updates included in the 7.0.1, 7.0.3, 7.0.5, 7.1.0, 7.1.2, 7.1.4, 7.2, 7.2.2, and 7.2.5 releases. Installing a previous release of EnergyCAP Version 7 is not required to install Version 7.2.5.
NOTE: EnergyCAP Version 7.2.5 requires SQL Server 2016 or higher. Please ensure your database is set to compatibility level 130 or higher before attempting the Version 7.2.5 installation.