Here at EnergyCAP, we're coming off a big week. We just wrapped up our largest EnergyCAP Catalyst Conference ever (a sell-out), and we were able to show off some of the latest features and updates that we've been working on over the summer. EnergyCAP Version 7.2 is a significant update to EnergyCAP Version 7, and it includes two major new features: Accounting Export and redesigned EnergyCAP Chargebacks.
Here's a brief overview of what you'll see when you log into EnergyCAP:
- Accounting Export Features — Whether you have been using the EnergyCAP Installed Client or EnergyCAP Version 3 to export bills to your GL and AP systems, you can now start exporting bills directly from Version 7. We've made significant enhancements to the "Not Approved", "Held from Export", "Waiting to Export to AP", and "Waiting to Export to GL" bill lists. Each of these lists now includes ALL of the available bill list filters — locating the bills you want to take action on is now easier than ever before. You can now select one, many, or all bills to export (you are no longer limited to exporting the entire list at one time). We've also included a new option to generate a sample bill export file (helpful to test reformatters and downstream processes). You can also use your custom bill export profiles from the EnergyCAP Installed Client within EnergyCAP Version 7's export process to ensure that your files are generated in the exact format required by your downstream reformatters and accounting processes.
- New Bill Export History Features — It's now easier than ever before to see what has been exported from EnergyCAP. A new export log includes details about the date/time of each export and who exported the file — we even keep a copy of exported files to help with troubleshooting and downstream processes. Comments can now be added to any export to help explain the status of the export process. You can also easily reverse any export as well as see a full listing of all bills associated with a specific export. This is the most robust export process we've included in any version of EnergyCAP, and you can begin using this process today to streamline your accounting processes. NOTE: To use a custom bill export profile with EnergyCAP Version 7, please submit a support ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you with the one-time setup process.
- EnergyCAP Version 7 Chargebacks — EnergyCAP's chargeback features have been redesigned in EnergyCAP Version 7 to make them easier to use and to provide functionality that has never previously been available. EnergyCAP Version 7 chargebacks include more than twice as many options for calculating and splitting bills! Based on customer feedback, we've developed new options that make tracking submeter data and generating tenant bills easier than ever before. Since this is a redesign of the chargeback process, we will provide additional training/webinar opportunities to learn about these powerful chargeback features — we'll provide more details regarding these opportunities soon. If you attended Catalyst, feel free to dive in and start working with the fully-functional chargeback features available in this release. NOTE: Version 7 chargebacks are set up and run separately from chargebacks configured with the EnergyCAP Installed Client and Version 3.
- Chargeback Workflows — In addition to all of the new chargeback options, we've also implemented a new feature called chargeback workflows. These workflows organize your monthly chargeback processing and help identify missing data and outliers within the process. We believe chargeback workflows will dramatically simplify your process, reduce the amount of external documentation required, and help you deal with data issues quickly. Workflow steps are also fully reversible — helping you deal with bad meter readings and missing data quickly and easily. If you missed the Catalyst chargeback training, be on the lookout for upcoming EnergyCAP Version 7 chargeback and workflow training opportunities.
- Chargeback Setup Spreadsheets — We've added new Setup Spreadsheets to simplify the management of Version 7 chargebacks.
- Global Dashboard Filter — We've added a powerful new feature to EnergyCAP dashboards. With a new global filter, you can configure a dashboard that has just the content you want and then apply a single filter to update all of you dashboard content — build once, and reuse with many buildings and building groups.
- Create and Edit Building and Meter Groups — Building and meter groups can now be created and maintained in EnergyCAP Version 7. Any created/modified groups will also be active in all other versions of EnergyCAP. You also now have the option to convert a manual group into an automatic group and vice versa.
- Setup Spreadsheets Available for Building and Meter Groups — We've added new Setup Spreadsheets for managing buildings and meters assigned to groups.
We've only scratched the surface of the functionality included with the updates listed above. Check out Version 7 help for additional details and instructions.
Here are a few more updates that are included in EnergyCAP Version 7.2:
- New icons to represent the various available chargeback configurations available in EnergyCAP Version 7
- EnergyCAP Professional and Express users can no longer be created In EnergyCAP Version 7 — they must be invited via EnergyCAP Version 3 instead. Once an account has been created, it can be managed in EnergyCAP Version 7.
- Dashboard content now includes more filter options than ever before
- New dashboard content types are available (ENERGY STAR and Bill Status)
- A dedicated active/inactive option has been added to meters (was formerly dependent on the account/meter relationship)
- Improved the management of Custom Fields ("list" data types can now be added and managed in Version 7)
- Improved the management of General Ledger fields
- The Channel Data tab on meters with configured channels has been renamed Interval Data and has been moved to the top row of tabs to increase visibility
- Interval data values are now displayed below the interval data chart
- Various performance improvements