EC PRO System Requirements|
- Windows 2000 or later. The most commonly used operating systems are XP and Window 7 (32 or 64-bit). Our initial testing has found no known issues with Windows 7. You just need to install by right mouse clicking and Run As Administrator and turn off the UAC (User Account Control) prior to install.
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution or better
- 1 GIG of RAM, or as recommended by the operating system. RAM has a major impact on operating performance -- the database engine makes good use of available RAM. A minimum of 2 GB RAM is recommended for Vista.
- Pentium 4 or better.
- 2 GB hard drive space for program, data and backups.
- Thumb drive (or other external media) for external backups.
- SQL Express Data Engine (license-free version of SQL 2005) is provided with the application.
- SQL communicates via UDP on port 1434. System must be free from internal firewall software that blocks this port.
- Large databases (over 300 meters) will perform best with a minimum Pentium 4 or dual core processor and 2+ GB RAM.
Authored by Steve Heinz 08/06/2009 revised by: Joel Brickell (08/02/2012) EnergyCAP Professional