Issue: EnergyCAP reports that are exported to Excel have columns combined so rows can't be sorted.
Solution: The problem is that you are not using the Excel Format Option. Follow these steps:
1. Run the report in EnergyCAP.
2. Click the Export icon on the top of the report viewer (the envelope icon).
3. Select the Excel export option from the list.
4. You will now see the Excel Format Options. In the first line (the line labeled Column width based on objects) in the select "Group Header #1" then click OK. The Excel file will be created in your My Documents folder (or another location of your choosing). The file name will be the same as the EnergyCAP report code.
5. You can double-click the file from My Computer or Windows Explorer to view/edit the report in Excel.
by Administrator last modified 06/25/2007 EnergyCAP Professional Rel. 2005 and newer