To move an existing EnergyCAP Professional database to another PC:
- INSTALL EnergyCAP Professional AND the SQL data engine on the new PC.
- DETACH the database from SQL on the source PC. You can do this two ways: (1) Stop the MSSQL Server service by going to Control Panel>Admin Tools>Services. Find the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) in the Services column and then select Stop, or (2) run EnergyCAP using the SYS user initials and then click File/Detach Database and follow the prompts.
- COPY both the LDF and MDF database files. They are normally located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data, and begin with 'ec_', such as ec_DemoData.mdf and ec_DemoData_log.ldf.
- PASTE the LDF and MDF files to the default data folder on the target PC . This will normally be the folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data.
- RUN EnergyCAP using the SYS user.
- ATTACH the database by clicking File/Attach Database and following the prompts.
If you have any questions or problems, contact Tech Support at http://support.energycap.com or 877.327.3702
Last modified by Joel Brickell on 04/19/2010Â EnergyCAP Professional Release 2008/2009