EC Express: Creating an Audit Group
Posted by Matthew Heinz, Last modified by Matthew Heinz on 08 June 2012 10:07 AM
Creating an Audit Group
Watch Help Video
An audit group is essentially a "folder" containing one or more audits intended to be performed (run) at the same time.
To create an Audit Group:
- From Bill Processing, click Bill Audits > Audit Groups.
- Click +Add a Group.
The Add an Audit Group Wizard will be displayed.
- Input the Audit Group Name, Code and Description. To navigate the Wizard, use the Tab key to move the cursor from field to field, or just click the desired field to enter or edit the values.
NOTE: A suggested code will be automatically generated from the Name field content. Special characters and spaces cannot be used for the Code. It must be a single, unique, alpha-numeric text string.
- Select the desired New or Copy option.
- Create a new audit group will create an empty audit group to be populated with audits.
- Copy and modify an existing audit group will create the new audit group and populate it with all audits from the selected group. This option is valuable for making small changes to existing groups. If this option is selected, use the drop-down menu to select the audit group to copy.
- Click Continue to display and select Bill Audits. Bill Audits are used to audit bill line items and observation types. Click the check box corresponding to each desired audit. If desired, clear the checkbox by clicking it again.
- All recommended audits of each type are checked by default.
- Displayed Default Settings cannot be edited during audit group creation. They can be edited later if desired.
- Click Continue to display and select Usage Audits. Usage Audits are used to audit usage values associated with the bill.
- Click Continue to display and select Cost Audits. Cost Audits are used to audit cost per day, cost per unit, and meter costs. Cost audits are limited to meter costs.
- Click Continue to display and select Date Audits. Date Audits are used to audit Begin Date/End Date/Due Date/Statement Date values associated with the bill.
- Click Continue to display and select Demand Audits. Demand Audits are used to audit Load Factor and Billed Demand values associated with the bill's electric meter(s).
- Click Continue to review and edit the Audit Group Filters. Filters are displayed in two lists:
- Current Filters are already associated with the Audit Group. This list will be empty when creating an Audit Group from scratch.
- Additional Filters are filters which can be added to the Audit Group.
- To add a filter to the Audit Group, click to highlight the filter name from the Additional Filters list. The related Filter Settings will be displayed. Filter settings will vary depending on the filter selected.
- Adjust the filter settings using the intuitive interface. When done, click the Save button to save the filter to the Current Filters list. Or click the Clear button to remove it.
- Some filter Value fields feature a dynamic search based on the input text string. Matching values will be displayed in a search box. Click to select a desired match from the list.
- Date values contain a calendar icon for convenient date selection. Click the calendar icon to display the calendar; then click to select the desired calendar date. Or input the date in MM/DD/YYYY format in the field provided.
- Like and Not Like logic (available for some Operators) matches the input text string with the initial text string of the corresponding database field. For example, a Like operator would match a value of "125" for account code with an account code of "125-3855" in the datebase, but would not match an account code of "325-1254".
- When done selecting and editing filters, click Finish. The Wizard will close and the new Audit Group will be added to the list of Audit Groups. Or clickCancel to close the Wizard without saving the new Audit Group.