The best way to catch utility bill data entry errors is when the bill is actually being manually entered.
EnergyCAP provides a Quick Check Audit Group that runs a series of related audits whenever you save a bill. Here's how to make sure the Quick Check audits are being run on your bills.
Running the Quick Check Audit Group
- Click Administration from the Main Menu.
- Click Workflow Settings.
- Under the Batches & Audits setting, find the Audit bills with Quick Check Audit group when saved option.
- Click the toggle checkbox to turn the option on or off.
- When done, scroll to the bottom of the Workflow Settings window and click Save.
You can read more about the Quick Check Audit Group and what the audits look for in our documentation.
Running Audits from Bill Lists
Audits can also be run from EnergyCAP Bill Lists. You can run as many audits as you want, regardless of whether the bills were entered manually or imported. Here's how:
- Click Bill Processing from the Main Menu.
- Click My Bill Lists, and then click to select the specific Bill List to review.
Often, you may wish to create a specific, filtered bill list containing all the bills you wish to audit (filtered by batch code, bill entry date, bills entered since "x", etc.). For more information on creating custom bill lists, see our documentation. As an alternative, you can also use an existing bill list and just click the checkboxes for the specific bills you want to audit.
- Once you have displayed the desired bill list and selected the bills to be audited, click the Audit selected bill(s) icon.
A confirmation prompt will be displayed.
- Click Yes to audit the selected bills. The Select Audit Group Wizard will open.
- Select the desired audit group(s) to run by clicking the associated checkbox for each group. For information on creating audit groups, see our audits documentation.
- When done, click Continue. The audits will run.
- After the Confirmation window has been displayed, click Finish.
Once bills have been audited, you can view any problems by clicking Bills with Problem Flags from the Bill Audits menu.
Audits provide powerful tools for assuring the accuracy of your utility data. Make sure you are using them to keep your data clean. You can read more about audits in our audits documentation.